- Storytelling is an important part of traditional Native American culture. It is important to remember that some stories can only be told in the Winter out of respect for the names that can only be told when the snow is on the ground. Please use the references shared on this page in accordance with the respectful practice of Winter only storytelling. As always, it is best to have the guidance of an experienced elder and / or storyteller when planning best use in the classroom. This unit blended the use of traditional knowledge with textbook based science concepts to show the interconnection between them. Many traditional stories give an explanation of plant and animal adaptations that have a scientific benefit for the organism.
- Environmental Literacy and Sustainability, Life Science, Environmental Science, World Languages
- Middle School
- Material Type:
- Primary Source, Reference Material, Teaching/Learning Strategy, Unit of Study
- Sandy Benton, Tammy Moncel, Rick Erickson
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike
No evaluations yet.