- The Figurative Language Terms worksheet was created for the CESA #1 EL OER Project. Having a deep understanding of figurative language is essential while acquiring the English language. For many EL students, understanding the different terms is overwhelming. This worksheet provides students with the opportunity to watch videos and listen to songs to increase their background knowledge of various figurative language terms. Students will have exposure to: simile, metaphor, hyperbole, onomatopoeia, alliteration, idiom, allusion, and personification. They will also have an opportunity to demonstrate their understanding of the terms by writing definitions, drawing labeled pictures, and/or creating individual examples.
- English Language Arts
- Upper Primary, Middle School, High School
- Grade 6, Grade 7, Grade 8, Grade 9, Grade 10
- Material Type:
- Homework/Assignment, Learning Task
- Elyse Kuhn
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike
- Media Format:
No evaluations yet.