- This series of 5 high-quality, standards-aligned, inquiry-based lessons have been field-tested with the fourth grade students of Wequiock Children's Center for Environmental Science, their teacher, and a community science volunteer . These lessons encourage students to use natural areas around their school as they improve their science and engineering skills. Created as a part of a WISELearn OER Innovation project, Connect, Explore, and Engage: Using the Environment as the Context for Science Learning was a collaboration of the Wequiock Children's Center for Environmental Science and the Wisconsin Green Schools Network. One of the goals of the project was to create standards-aligned lessons that utilize the outdoor spaces of the school . These lessons were created to take place during the winter and spring.
- Remix of:
- Slip, Slide, Roll, and Drag: Wintertime Exploration of Forces and Motion
- Environmental Literacy and Sustainability, Life Science
- Upper Primary
- Grade 3, Grade 4, Grade 5
- Material Type:
- Lesson, Unit of Study
- Sandy Benton, Joanna Wiitanen
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike
- Media Format:
No evaluations yet.