- Wild edible, medicinal and poisonous plants are an ideal way to connect students to the natural world just outside their door. In this unit, students will be able to identify edible, medicinal and poisonous plants using guide books and plotting them on the Siftr app. Using the collected edibles, students will then follow a procedural text to create food from their wild edibles. Students will then create recipes on their own based on a wild edible of their choice to create community cookbooks.
- Remix of:
- Connect, Explore, Engage Template (Open Author 1.0)
- English Language Arts, Environmental Literacy and Sustainability
- Middle School, High School
- Grade 7, Grade 8, Grade 9, Grade 10, Grade 11, Grade 12
- Material Type:
- Unit of Study
- Amanda Bolan
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial
- Media Format:
No evaluations yet.