- This unit is designed around providing student choice. There will be 5 novels for students to choose from: Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys, Refugee by Alan Gratz, Zeros by Scott Westerfeld, The Martian by Andy Weir, and Lord of the Flies by William Golding. Each novel focuses on the central theme of survival. Students will read and meet weekly for 8 weeks. Each week the novel groups will be given specific discussion questions and tasks that are aligned with Wisconsin ELA standards and Wisconsin Standards for Environmental Literacy & Sustainability.
- Remix of:
- Connect, Explore, Engage Template (Open Author 1.0)
- English Language Arts, Environmental Literacy and Sustainability
- Middle School, High School
- Grade 6, Grade 7, Grade 8, Grade 9, Grade 10
- Material Type:
- Unit of Study
- Tirzah Zipperer
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike
- Media Format:
- Graphics/Photos, Text/HTML
No evaluations yet.