- Unit Title: Near Nature Exploration Developed by Tiffany Lodholz, High Marq Environmental Charter School Grade Level:6-12 Content Area(s): Environmental Science, Science, ELAOver the course of a semester students in grades 6-12 engaged in various nature journaling activities that allowed them to connect, explore, and engage with the environment around them. Students participated in monthly phenological observations, discovered ways to use nature journaling for scientific study, and developed new techniques for looking closer and making deeper, more meaningful observations.A series of five outdoor nature journaling lessons are described:Qualitative PhenologyNature JournalingSAUNTERBug RadnessFrog Fest!
- English Language Arts, Environmental Literacy and Sustainability, Life Science
- Middle School, High School
- Material Type:
- Unit of Study
- Sandy Benton, Tiffany Lodholz, Lisa Biber
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike
No evaluations yet.