- Through a study of the Central Sand Plains region of Wisconsin, students will participate in learning experiences both in the classroom and outdoors, so that they can recognize and identify natural divisions and forest types within this region. Students will learn how the conditions essential for a native forest community can help us make decisions about what foods grow best in our region. They will write a research piece to compare and contrast the life cycles and structures of two plants, one forest and one garden plant) we have studied.
- Remix of:
- Connect, Explore, Engage Template (Open Author 1.0)
- English Language Arts, Environmental Literacy and Sustainability
- Upper Primary
- Grade 3, Grade 4, Grade 5
- Material Type:
- Unit of Study
- Victoria Rydberg-Nania, Sandy Benton, Pamela Bilderback, Kristin Grooms, Michele Crispell
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial
- Media Format:
- Graphics/Photos, Text/HTML
No evaluations yet.