Webinar of interest May 8th

by Sherry Anderson 4 months, 2 weeks ago

Hi all,

The Indiana State Library is hosting  The Game Master Librarian, Part One: How You and Your Library Can Be a Portal for TTRPG Learning Experiences. This webinar is on May 8th at 3:30 PM Eastern, 2:30 PM Central. The link for registration and additional information is at the link above.

Description:

Tabletop role-playing games (TTRPGs) – Dungeons & Dragons being the most popular example - can positively impact the multiple facets of students' lives: academics, durable skills, social-emotional learning. In Part One of our two-part series, let's quest together as we encounter how research supports using TTRPGs in education, explore stories of teachers using TTRPGs in their classrooms, and discover ideas and ways that librarians and the library can play a critical role in making such transformative game-based learning a success. 

Before the webinar begins, please complete Slides 3-5 of the "Character Sheet Reflection Tool" (i.e. "Before the Quest"). We will complete the second half ("At the End of the Quest") of the Reflection Tool at the end of the webinar.

Chris Baker 4 months, 2 weeks ago

This is terrific, Sherry! Added to my calendar; thank you so much for sharing!

I'm going to be sending an update email out to our Games-Learning-Libraries listserv tomorrow with resources and posts people might want to keep in mind... I'm definitely including this!!!

Perfect thing to include here! Thank you for your leadership. :)

~Chris