- The resources and project outline are the collaborative efforts of the Chain Exploration Center Grades 5 & 6 teachers and a FIELD Edventures educator. The goals of the project were for students to take civic action on environmental issues of local importance. Additionally, the teachers wanted students to become familiar with the four habitat areas, and observable species present in each area. It was decided that conducting a bioblitz across 4 days–one in each area–would provide students with data that would be the basis for individual and small group investigative questions, issue definition and investigation, and a proposal for conservation, protection, and/or restoration of natural resources, habitats, or species of Wisconsin. Students then presented their proposals to their state senator in a visit to the Wisconsin State Capitol.
- Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources, Environmental Literacy and Sustainability, Life Science, Social Studies
- Upper Primary, Middle School
- Grade 5, Grade 6
- Material Type:
- Unit of Study
- Sandy Benton, Mackenzie Loken, Brianna Hass
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike
No evaluations yet.