- Since the late 1980s through the early 2000s social media and texting have started booming and becoming well known communication avenues around the world. Every year since these platforms have continued to gain popularity and is one of the most common ways to communicate today. This has played a role in the rise of unprofessional communication within the business world. This article examines the past and new data on if social media and texting are to blame for the gap of unprofessional communication in the workplace, focusing mainly on written communication. In addition, a project-based learning project is summarized to help high school students, who are taking business courses for college credit, understand the importance of having professional communication within a business setting, while creating a professional email and sharing their findings on why professional communication is important with their classmates throughout the school.
- Business and Information Technology, Marketing, Management and Entrepreneurship
- Community College / Lower Division, College / Upper Division, Graduate, Career / Technical, Professional Educator
- Material Type:
- Case Study, Reading, Reference Material
- (Editor) CVTC Library
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution
- Media Format:
- Graphics/Photos, Text/HTML
No evaluations yet.