- Jane Strong
- Business and Information Technology
- Material Type:
- Lesson Plan
- Lower Primary, Upper Primary
- 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
- Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike
- Media Formats:
- Downloadable docs
Sceencast - How I Use Resource
Student Completed Pixel Art - Screenshot
Template Sample - Screenshot
Valentine Pixel Art in Google Sheets
Introductory exercise in Google Sheets for elementary students. This valentine reveal pixel art PDF lesson assumes some prior teaching in concepts like column name, row name, and cell name. Teacher will need to create Google Sheets template for younger elementary students. Could be adapted for MS Excel.
Reveal Valentine Surprise in Google Sheets
- This assignment assumes some prior knowledge of Google Sheets concepts like column, row, and cell. A quick tutorial in column, row, and cells and how they are named is all that is needed for students to begin this introductory exercise in Google Sheets.
- A chart or white board visual that can be displayed while students are working is helpful.
- Teacher will need to create a template in Google Sheets for students to accompany this lesson. Teacher should model how to use PDF guide to find cell, and how to use the bucket tool to fill the cell with color.
- Lesson could also be done with MS Excel.
- Open Google Sheets template.
- Use attached "Google Sheets Valentine Reveal" PDF as a guide to find cells.
- Fill in cells with colors to reveal a Valentine Surprise.