- This activity utilizes an online interactive simulation (PhET.colorado.edu) that allows students to explore and manipulate the subatomic particles that comprise the atom. Students also explore atomic mass, ions, nuclear symbols, and the periodic table. A link to the simulation and a downloadable file that includes a pre-lab, a student activity guide, and a post-lab assessment. The simulation also includes other inquiry opportunities and a game.
- Physical Science, Chemistry, Physics
- Middle School
- Grade 6, Grade 7, Grade 8
- Material Type:
- Activity/Lab, Simulation
- Troy Puisto
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial
- Media Format:
- Downloadable docs, Graphics/Photos, Text/HTML
No evaluations yet.
Add important feedback and this resource.