- This resource provides a class activity based on a “Town Hall Meeting” discussion/debate on resource extraction using sand mining in Wisconsin as a case study. The activity is designed for a lower-level university course. The objective is to engage students in a lively discussion of different perspectives on the significance of resource extraction held by various stakeholder groups in Wisconsin. It is based on stakeholders within Trempealeau County, but many are also found elsewhere and could readily be adapted to any location within the state. Students divide into representative groups, work collaboratively to explore the diversity of perspectives, and present these during an online synchronous meeting.
- Remix of:
- TENFEE Environmental Literacy Plan Template
- Environmental Literacy and Sustainability
- Community College / Lower Division, College / Upper Division
- Material Type:
- Activity/Lab, Teaching/Learning Strategy
- Cynthia Berlin
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial
- Media Format:
No evaluations yet.