- With the understanding that instructional materials matter, a team of ELA teachers from the Sheboygan Area School District set out to develop a process that would enable us to determine if the materials being used or materials we plan to use in the future are considered to be high-quality resources and will lead to equitable instruction.
The resources supplied were developed as a result of research and investigation into the work of EdReport.org, Achievethecore.org and various other resources that support the work of equity.
The process that we outline is intended to help teams evaluate resources that support major shifts in the Common Core State Standards specific to writing instruction. The tools linked in the process are adaptable to various grade levels and subject areas providing the team has unpacked the subject/grade level standards and share a common understanding of the skills and expectations in those standards.
- English Language Arts, Composition and Rhetoric, Language, Grammar and Vocabulary
- Middle School
- Grade 6, Grade 7, Grade 8
- Material Type:
- Other, Reference Material
- Megan Neitzke, Mary Dust, Amy Renzelmann, Jim Renzelmann, Jane Doll, Julia Leeson, Jennifer Zalewski, Tina Thone, Tamara Damrow, Andrea Daun
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial
- Media Format:
- Downloadable docs, Text/HTML
No evaluations yet.