- The Boston School Forest is a field trip destination for 6,000 students each year providing high quality outdoor environmental education programs that expand and authenticate classroom learning. Science education in our district is transitioning to provide greater opportunity for inquiry, and teachers are now searching for resources that can be used in either face-to-face or e-learning formats. The Backyard Habitat Series focuses on connecting kids to an outdoor place through use of sensory observation, exploring the natural features and animals, and engaging in the improvement of habitat for neighborhood wildlife species. Classroom teachers, preservice teachers, and families will discover straightforward instructions, few materials or background knowledge required, and a format that is easily adaptable to the e-learning environment.
- Remix of:
- TENFEE Environmental Literacy Plan Template
- Environmental Literacy and Sustainability, Ecology, Environmental Science
- Lower Primary, Upper Primary, Community College / Lower Division, College / Upper Division, Graduate
- Kindergarten, Grade 1, Grade 2, Grade 3, Grade 4, Grade 5
- Material Type:
- Activity/Lab, Other, Teaching/Learning Strategy, Unit of Study
- Karla Lockman
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial
- Media Format:
No evaluations yet.