- Conflict Diamonds or Blood Diamonds are stones produced in areas controlled by rebel forces that are opposed to internationally recognized governments. These rebels sell these diamonds and the money is used to purchase arms or fund their military actions.
Provided is short 8 minute video and a corresponding worksheet designed to spark discussion about the Kimberly Process.
I great way to incorporate a science and society lesson when studying gems and minerals.
- Geology/Earth Science
- Middle School, High School
- Grade 8, Grade 9, Grade 10, Grade 11, Grade 12
- Material Type:
- Daniel Rye
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0
- Media Format:
- Downloadable docs, Text/HTML
No evaluations yet.
Add important feedback and this resource.