- The project is called "Chemistry and Cooking" and it will last about 6 weeks. Students will learn about what matter is, the phases of matter, the difference between physical and chemical properties, as well as physical and chemical changes. The project’s Driving Question, which focuses our work, is “How does an understanding of chemistry impact your cooking?” Students will be involved in hands-on activities and labs that will help them learn the concepts that they will then apply to their final project. The child will work independently on a recipe of their choice to show their understanding of how chemistry impacts cooking.
- Physical Science
- Middle School, High School
- Grade 6, Grade 7, Grade 8, Grade 9
- Material Type:
- Activity/Lab, Assessment, Curriculum Map, Formative Assessment, Homework/Assignment, Lesson Plan, Rubric/Scoring Guide, Self Assessment, Student Guide, Unit of Study
- Mary Swinford, Krysta Wiltzius, Melissa Wojcik
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial
- Media Format:
No evaluations yet.
Add important feedback and this resource.